You are here
- API® ID strip range
API® ID strip range
10 API® strips are used every minute in the world.
The choice of microbiologists worldwide for its ease-of-use and high-performance, the API® ID strip range is the global reference for identification.
- Reference in microbiology labs
- Reliable results
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use solution
- New apiweb™ for anytime, anywhere identification
Do you need more information
API®: Worldwide recognized performance
Right from the moment it launched, API® completely revolutionized the field of bacteriology. API® brings together high quality and ease of use with standardized, miniaturized strips of biochemical tests to use with comprehensive identification databases. With API®, bacterial and fungal identification is simple, rapid and reliable.
That’s why today, API® is recognized as THE REFERENCE for identification of bacterial and fungal species.
- API® strips are established as the reference technique worldwide: on top of routine use, it is also used to assess the performance of other identification products
- API® products have led to the identification of new bacterial species (e.g.: within the Staphylococcus and Streptococcus genera)
- Now supported by apiweb™ for easy interpretation
Reliable and accurate
With multiple biochemical reactions in limited wells along with a wide identification database on the market, API® makes bacterial identification reliable and accurate.
- Brings standardization
- API® numerical identification calculation method, with related software, makes identification easy and ensures accuracy
- Regularly updated databases and software applications
- Most extensive range available
- 15 identification systems – practically all groups of bacteria and yeasts
- Over 700 different species
- Around 1,000 different biochemical tests in routine use
Easy to use and implement in labs
API® is easy to use and implement for both routine use and as a complementary method in labs that primarily use automated methods. See just how easy it is in this “by customer, for customer” video
- ID/AST for improved workflow
- Part of bioMérieux’s complete offer in microbiology
- As a complementary method:
- Reliably confirms results
- Comprehensive – covers gaps (Neisseria, Haemophilus, anaerobes, etc.)
- Easy to use – supported by educational tools and videos done “by customers, for customers” :
- Several publications available to support implementation and use (see resources section)
Comprehensive database supported by APIWEB™
Simplify the interpretation of your API® strip result.
As innovative today as when API® was first developed, bioMérieux gives a new dimension to this range by making identification simple and available to everyone, anytime, and anywhere. apiweb™ leverages advanced technology to be the essential complement to manual identification.
- Widely used and appreciated by our customers as you’ll see in this video
- User-friendly internet platform: Easy-to-use interface which is integrated and intuitive
- Contains all the regularly updated API®/ID32 databases
- Enables the identification of 700 species of bacteria and yeasts
- A complete report for each identification including proposed species and comments on reliability (through calculation of identification percentage and typicity index)
- Complete biochemical profile
- Fully secure site
|Gram (-) rods|
|API® 20E||Identification of Gram (-) rods in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 20 100 (25 strips) Ref. 20 160 (100 strips)|
|RapID 20E||Rapid identification of enterobacteriaceae in 4 hrs||Ref. 20 701 - 25 strips|
|API® 20 NE||Identification of non-enteric Gram (-) rods in 24-48 hrs||Ref. 20 050 - 25 strips + media|
|API® 10 S||Simplified identification of Gram (-) rods in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 10 100 - 50 strips|
|API® Candida||Identification of yeasts found in clinical infections in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 10 500 - 10 strips + media|
|API® 20 C AUX||Identification of yeasts in 24-48 hrs||Ref. 20 210 - 25 strips + media|
|API® Staph||Identification of staphylococci and micrococci in 18-24 hrs||Ref. 20 500 - 25 strips + media|
|API® 20 Strep||Identification of streptococci and related bacteria in 4 or 24 hrs||Ref. 20 600 - 25 strips + media + swabs|
|API® 20 A||Identification of anaerobes in 24-48 hrs||Ref. 20 300 - 25 strips + media|
|Other bacterial groups|
|API® Coryne||Identification of corynebacteria and coryneform bacteria in 24 hrs||Ref. 20 900 - 12 strips + media + McFarland Standard|
|API® Listeria||Identification of Listeria species in 24 hrs||Ref. 10 300 - 10 strips + media + reagent|
|API® NH||Identification of Neisseria, Haemophilus and B. catarrhalis in 18h to 24 hrs||Ref. 10 400 - 10 strips + media + reagents + swabs|
|API® Campy||Identification of Campylobacter in 24 hrs||Ref. 20 800 - 12 strips + media + McFarland Standard|
|API® 50 CH||“Research’’ strip (metabolism of carbohydrates)||Ref. 50 300 - 10 strips|
Please contact your local bioMérieux representative for product availability.
API®/ID32 identification system: a new database built on 56277 microorganism specific biochemical profiles
L. Nougier, F. Allard, B. Celliere, N. Desserrieres, R. Martelin, Y. Bentoumi, A. Van Belkum, G. Durand
Evaluation of API 20 NE in routine diagnostics of nonfermenting gram-negative rod-shaped bacteria
Geiss HK, Piotrowski HD, Hingst V.
Rapid and economical method for species identification of clinically significant coagulase-negative staphylococci
Ieven M, Verhoeven J, Pattyn SR, Goossens H.
Evaluation of the RAPID ID 32A system for the identification of Bacteroides fragilis and related organisms
Jenkins SA, Drucker DB, Keaney MG, Ganguli LA. University of Manchester