You are here
- NucliSENS easyQ®
Real-time NASBA Amplification Platform for fast, easy-to-read results
NucliSENS EasyQ® is the first automated system that combines NASBA amplification and real-time detection using molecular beacon probes. You get fast, sensitive and convenient molecular testing.
- Reliable & sensitive
- Rapid: extraction to results in 2 hours for 48 samples
- Flexible: perfect for both small and high volume labs
NucliSENS easyQ® is the first automated system to combine Nucleic Acid Sequence-Based-Amplification (NASBA) amplification and real-time detection using molecular beacon probes for reliability and sensitivity. Designed for smooth, easy workflow, the system features intuitive operator software and short turnaround times for assays. It delivers the benefits of real-time molecular technology with minimized cross contamination risk.
Reliable & sensitive for clear results
What’s behind the NucliSENS easyQ® instrument’s reliable and sensitive results? Nucleic Acid Sequence-Based-Amplification (NASBA) technology gives you accurate, real-time detection using molecular beacons. This specific iso-thermal method of nucleic acid amplification is a PCR alternative, and is highly adapted for the amplification of RNA and DNA.
- Automated real-time system
- NASBA technology enables high amplification factor
- Real-time molecular technology for fast and specific detection of amplification product
- Closed tubes minimize the risk of amplicon contamination
- Each test is internally controlled and can be calibrated, ensuring the quality of the results and easy interpretation
Fast & easy to use for improved workflow
NucliSENS easyQ® is stress-less technology for streamlined workflow, thanks to intuitive software and short assay turnaround times - run times can be as low as 60 minutes (e.g. HIV viral load test). With real-time detection, its test format significantly reduces technical hands-on time and provides rapid results. What’s more, the isothermal NASBA reaction allows amplification runs with multiple targets. It all adds up to meeting the needs of the routine clinical laboratory for research applications and nucleic acid testing.
- Less hands-on time
- User-friendly interface
- Real-time detection
- Results for 48 real-time amplification tests in 1.5 to 3 hours (depending on the assay)
- No post-amplification steps
Flexible & convenient
With a small footprint (42 x 42 cm), NucliSENS® EasyQ® flexibly adapts to the needs of the different types and sizes of laboratories. And intuitive and straightforward software ensures uncomplicated daily use. You can adjust the testing to suit you. For example, it allows the use of commercial assays and “home-brew” assays developed through the NucliSENS EasyQ® Basic Kit.
- Suits labs of all types and sizes
- Intuitive software
- Reagent kits available for standardized molecular testing
- Create “home-brew” assays for Nucleic Acid amplification testing easily and cost-effectively with the NucliSENS EasyQ® Basic Kit
NucliSENS EasyQ® Features and Specs
- Weight: Basic unit approx. 20 kg (44 lbs)
- Overall dimensions: 420 mm (16.5 in) (W) x 420 mm (16.5 in) (D) x 220 mm (8.7 in) (H)
- Power consumption: 200 VA max, 32 VA stand-by
- Start up time: 5 minutes
- Operating environment:
- Humidity: no greater than 80%
- Temperature: +15 to + 30 °C
- Maximum altitude: 2000 m (6562 ft) above sea level
- Mode of operation: Instrument reads fluorescence from reaction tubes in a temperature-controlled environment using an advanced optical system based on direct and focused illumination. Specific filters are used for both excitation and emission of the molecular beacons in the assays. The filters are automatically selected by the requested assay protocol.
- Capacity: 8-48 tests per run
- Throughput: 48 sample results with amplification times of 60, 90, 120 and 150 minutes
NucliSENS EasyQ® Reagents
NucliSENS easyQ® Basic Kit
6 x 8 tests - Ref. 280 104
NucliSENS easyQ® HIV-1 v2.0
48 tests - Ref: 28 5033
480 tests - Ref: 28 5043
NucliSENS easyQ® HPV
*For research use only
Consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability
About NucliSENS® and NASBA Technology
NucliSENS® assays are NASBA based nucleic acid amplification assays for the quantitative or qualitative detection of RNA (or adapted to DNA) in human samples. The NASBA amplification is based on primer extension and transcription by coordinated activities of three enzymes. The amplification reaction is isothermal and takes place at 41°C. Due to this relatively low temperature contaminating DNA cannot be amplified making the NASBA amplification specific for RNA amplification, even in a high DNA background.
Real-time detection using molecular beacons is based on the measurement of the time-related increase of a fluorescent signal. This signal is produced only after specific binding of the molecular beacon to an amplicon. The measurement is performed in combination with the amplification step. Results and interpretation of these signals is done by the NucliSENS easyQ® Analyzer.
The NucliSENS easyQ® Analyzer is dedicated to read fluorescence from reaction tubes in a controlled environment. The analyzer contains a plate carrier that keeps the samples at the required temperature. The fluorescent reader uses an advanced optical system, based on direct and focused illumination that prevents crosstalk, to give accurate readings. Filters control the wavelength of the illumination for both excitation and emission of the molecular beacon used in the assay. Filters are automatically selected by the assay protocol. The system uses different filters to measure particular labels (dyes).