You are here
- VIDAS® Fertility panel
VIDAS® Fertility panel
Investigation and treatment of infertility
The VIDAS® Fertility panel includes 8 fully automated hormone tests for the quantitative measurement of luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), estradiol, prolactin, progesterone, testosterone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH).
- Robust and reliable AMH assay
- Clinically validated estradiol and progesterone assays
- Convenient solution for fertility centers to perform on-site testing
The VIDAS® Fertility panel provides key diagnostic tools for the investigation of reproductive hormone dysfunctions such as precocious and delayed puberty, amenorrhea, hirsutism, hyperprolactinemia, perimenopause and menopause, hypogonadism, gynecomastia and azoospermia. In assisted reproductive technologies (ART), correct diagnosis of the cause of infertility is a pre-requisite to successful treatment. In addition, our hormone tests are essential monitoring tools in IVF protocols. They contribute to the optimization of individual patient treatment for increased chances of success and greater patient comfort.
Hormone testing in ART
Hormone measurements are essential to personalize treatment of infertility and monitor the progress of ovarian stimulation.
Before treatment, they allow to identify the type of ovulation disorder and know the patient’s ovarian reserve.
During treatment, they are used to check compliance, optimize drug doses, and avoid futile embryo replacements and severe complications.
Hormone assays in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility
Click to enlarge
Reliable and robust AMH assay
The new VIDAS® AMH assay offers on-hand quality testing for confident decisions:
- Reliable results when compared with an existing automated method*
- Patented proprietary raw materials for minimal impact of the pre-analytical stage on test results: up to 3 freezing/thawing cycles possible
In the context of infertility management, immediate integration of AMH measurements into the full diagnostic work-up allows to reduce patient stress, avoid unnecessary ovarian stimulation and reduce the risk of hyperstimulation syndrome.
Precise and sensitive tools
Clinical evaluation of the VIDAS® Estradiol and VIDAS® Progesterone assays has confirmed their reliability for use in evaluating natural cycles and monitoring ovarian superovulation1:
- Accuracy in the low concentration range to confirm pituitary suppression after GnRH-agonist therapy
- Strong correlation between serum estradiol measured by VIDAS® Estradiol and follicular measurements by ultrasonography during gonadotropin treatment with both GnRH analogue protocols
Testing made simple for fertility clinics
- No need for water
- All-inclusive reagent kits with ready-to-use reagents
- Just Load & Go
- No need for complex training
- Easy maintenance
- Robust instrument: MTBF > 700 days
Enables on-site testing for key advantages:
- Rapid results
- Faster adaptation of stimulation treatment
Fertility, thyroid and serology testing can be performed on the same instrument:
- Broad VIDAS® test menu including HIV, hepatitis, toxoplasmosis, rubella, CMV, TSH, FT3, FT4 and Anti-TPO
* See package insert
1. E. Anckaert et al. Clinical Validation of a Fully Automated 17β-Estradiol and Progesterone Assay (VIDAS®) for Use in Monitoring Assisted Reproduction Treatment. Clin Chem Lab Med 2002; 40(8):824-831.
|VIDAS® Estradiol II||VIDAS® FSH||VIDAS® HCG||VIDAS® LH|
|Reference||30 431||30 407||30 405||30 406|
|Tests / kit||60||60||60||60|
|Sample type||Human serum or plasma||Human serum or plasma||Human serum or plasma||Human serum or plasma|
|VIDAS® Prolactin||VIDAS® Progesterone|
|Reference||30 410||30 409|
|Tests / kit||60||60|
|Sample type||Human serum or plasma||Human serum or plasma|
|VIDAS® Testosterone II||VIDAS® AMH|
|Reference||414 320||417 011|
|Tests / kit||30||30|
|Sample type||Human serum
or plasma (lith. hep.)
|Sample volume||100µL||200 µL|
Find more technical details on www.myvidas.com.
Consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country.
Webcast series | Infertility diagnosis and treatment
Learn more about the unique and essential role of different hormones in fertility with Prof. Johan Smitz, Head of the Hormone Laboratory at the University Hospital in Brussels, and discover how hormone assays can make a key contribution to the successful implementation of ART protocols.
6 episodes are already available on myvidas.com:
- Role of hormones in the menstrual cycle
- Ovarian stimulation: principles and hormone measurements
- Importance of progesterone testing during ovarian stimulation
- Role of LH and E2 in natural cycle monitoring and mild ovarian stimulation
- Role of LH and E2 in stimulation monitoring for I.V.F or I.C.S.I
- Anti-Müllerian Hormone: a powerful clinical biomarker in women
Ripoll N., Cheucle S., Durand C., Villard C., Coin I., Dupret, Carruel J. VIDAS® AMH assay : optimized design to ensure reliability. Poster presented on the bioMérieux booth at ESHRE 2016, Helsinki, Finland.
Find more scientific and educational resources on www.myvidas.com.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country