You are here
- BIOFIRE FILMARRAY TORCH SYSTEM
BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH SYSTEMS
BIOFIRE FILMARRAY TORCH Multiplex Real-Time PCR Systems
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH system is an FDA, CE-IVD, and TGA certified multiplex PCR system that integrates sample preparation, amplification, detection and analysis.
- Simple: 2 minutes of hands-on time
- Fast: Turnaround time of 45mins to about an hour depending on the panel
- Comprehensive: Tests for a variety of pathogens that cause viral respiratory, pneumonia, bloodstream, gastrointestinal infections, meningitis-encephalitis and joint infections as well antimicrobial resistance genes.
Comprehensive syndromic offer for key healthcare challenges
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH system is an FDA, CE-IVD, and TGA certified multiplex PCR system that integrates sample preparation, amplification, detection and analysis. This simple system requires just 2 minutes of hands-on time, with a total run time of about an hour – you get fast results to assist in better patient care.
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH system enables simultaneous testing for bacteria, viruses, yeast, parasites and/or antimicrobial resistant genes. It is designed to be used with comprehensive panels that each offer testing for sets of pathogens associated with some of today’s most pressing healthcare challenges.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Respiratory Panels: tests for a comprehensive panel of 23 respiratory viruses and bacteria.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Blood Culture Identification Panel version 2: tests for a comprehensive list of 33 pathogens and 3 antibiotic resistance genes associated with bloodstream infections.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Gastrointestinal Panel: tests for 22 common gastrointestinal pathogens including viruses, bacteria and protozoa that cause infectious diarrhea.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Meningitis Encephalitis Panel: tests directly in Cerebral Spinal Fluid for the 14 most relevant ME-associated pathogens, including bacteria, viruses and a parasite.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® Pneumonia plus Panel: tests for 18 bacteria (11 Gram negative, 4 Gram positive and 3 atypical), 7 antibiotic resistance markers, and 9 viruses that cause pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections.
- BIOFIRE® Joint Infection Panel : tests for 28 bacteria (15 Gram positive, 13 Gram negative), 2 yeasts, and 8 antimicrobial resistance genes that cause joint infections.
Fast, accurate molecular diagnostics testing for syndromic diagnosis
BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH performs the extraction, amplification and detection in a closed system, minimizing contamination. It is a syndromic testing system for a variety of pathogens associated with key healthcare concerns. The rapid results offer the information needed to help primary care providers and emergency room physicians to better triage patients and make timely, confident medical decisions.
Easy, intuitive operation
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH multiplex PCR system makes it easy to provide fast, comprehensive and accurate diagnostic results.
- Insert the BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® pouch into the loading station, and inject the hydration solution along with a sample
- The vacuum in the pouch ensures that the correct volume of hydration solution and sample is drawn into the pouch, so you don’t have to worry about pipetting
- Insert the pouch into the BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH system and start your run
- Run time is approximately 1 hour
- Obtain results in easy-to-read reports
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® self-contained pouch
Click to enlarge »
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® pouch stores all the necessary reagents for cell lysis, DNA/RNA extraction and purification, amplification, and detection in one closed disposable pouch.
- BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® extracts and purifies all nucleic acids from the unprocessed sample and performs a nested multiplex PCR
- During PCR I, the system performs a single, large volume, multiplexed reaction
- Individual, singleplex PCR II reactions detect the products from the first-stage PCR.
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® software
The BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® software walks you through the entire process - from sample to result.
Discover the power of your data with BIOFIRE® FIREWORKS™.
A centralized data management portal to better optimize your lab services by taking care of your systems, deliverring insights and analytics into performance and utilization,
pathogens surveillance, lab workflow management and more
BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® TORCH System Specifications
(BIOFIRE® FILMARRAY® 2.0.) Instrument Specifications
- Healthcare Information
- Our Solutions
- Your Challenges...
Operator's Manual, Instructions for Use, quick guides, Safety Data Sheet are available from our E-Labeling Services website.
The other documents like Product Support Documents and Technical Notes are available on BioFireDx.com Website.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country
COMPLETE YOUR SOLUTION
- Legal Notice
- Copyright 2022 bioMérieux SA