You are here
- BIONEXIA BTA
Non-invasive screening and monitoring of bladder cancer
The BIONEXIA® BTA rapid test is a useful aid for screening of high-risk populations and monitoring of bladder cancer using urine specimens.
- Easy test procedure and interpretation
- No patient discomfort
- All-inclusive kit
Do you need more information
High-risk populations include: smokers, exposure to aromatic amines, long term users of certain medications (chloranphazine, phenacetine, cyclophosphamide), bilharziosis, Balkan nephropathy, and chronic interstitial nephritis. Early diagnosis is essential since prognosis varies strongly on the degree of disease dissemination.
Reoccurrence of bladder cancer is frequent1 and therefore monitoring is important2,3.
Why choose BIONEXIA® BTA?
BIONEXIA BTA, when combined with urine cytology, gives greater sensitivity than using cytology alone.2
BIONEXIA BTA is a non-invasive method (no patient discomfort) and extremely easy-to-use, including all the necessary components required to perform the test.
Once the sample is dispensed into the BIONEXIA BTA test, results are available in just 5 minutes.
Reading results is easy since positive results are indicated by 2 red bands and negative results show 1 red band (see image below). The control band must always be present (absence indicates an invalid result).
1. Sarosdy M.F., Hudson M.A., et al: Improved Detection of Recurrent Bladder Cancer using the Bard BTA stat Test. Urology 50(3):349-353, 1997
2. Raitanen M-P. The role of BTA stat Test in follow-up of patients with bladder cancer : results from FinnBladder studies. World J Urol (2008) 26:45–50; DOI 10.1007/s00345-007-0230-3
3. Leyh H, Marberger M., et al: Comparison of the BTA stat test with voided urine cytology and bladder wash cytology in the diagnosis and monitoring of bladder cancer. Eur Urol. 1999 Jan;35(1):52-6
See package insert for further information.
Please consult our local company or representatives for the availability of this product in your country.
|Technical Specifications for BIONEXIA® BTA / Kits are for professional in vitro diagnostic use only|
|Tests/kit||10 tests (all in one kit) comprising:
- 10 test cassettes
- 1 User quick guide printed on the box
- 1 package insert
|Cut-off||Approx 22.4 U/ml|
|Time to result||5 minutes|
|Results||Qualitative detection of bladder tumour antigens|
|Sample volume||3 drops of sample|
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country