You are here
- CHROMID® S. aureus Elite agar (SAIDE)
CHROMID® S. aureus Elite agar (SAIDE)
Chromogenic media for selective isolation and direct identification of S. aureus
NEW chromogenic culture media to accurately detect S. aureus.
- High sensitivity and specificity in 18 to 24 hours for most samples
- High medical value for respiratory samples of cystic fibrosis patients
- Validated with numerous different sample type
- Easy visual identification with distinctive pink colonies and opaque background
- Enriched with thymidine to improve the Small Colonies Variants (SCV) growth
- Ref: 419042
Do you need more information?
Clear identification of S. aureus
bioMérieux’s CHROMID® S. aureus Elite agar is an innovative chromogenic medium that offers detection of Staphylococcus aureus in only 18 to 24 hours. With resistant forms of S. aureus on the rise and posing a serious threat to human health1, quality early tests for these bacteria are important to patient care.
CHROMID® S. aureus Elite agar is part of the CHROMID® range, an easy to use, standardized method for the simultaneous culture and identification of microorganisms in clinical specimens. Peptones and a chromogenic substrate in the CHROMID® S. aureus Elite agar enable the growth and direct identification of S. aureus colonies, which spontaneously turn pink for easy identification. It can be used with numerous different sample types: blood cultures, nasal swabs, suppurations, ear/nose/throat samples, genital samples, stool samples, skin samples from serious burn victims, and respiratory samples (including respiratory samples from patients with cystic fibrosis).
- Sensitivity 90.5% (IC*: [85.6-93.8]) and specificity 97.9% (IC*: [96.1-99.0]) at 18-24 hours, for patients without cystic fibrosis
- Sensitivity 95.4% (IC*: [89.5-97.4]) and specificity 100% (IC*: [92.2-100]) at 72 hours, for respiratory samples from cystic fibrosis patients
- Cost-effective pre-plated media
- Easy-to-use, standardized method
Cystic fibrosis patients
More rapid, accurate detection of S. Aureus in respiratory samples
S. aureus is usually one of the first bacteria to be detected in respiratory samples from cystic fibrosis patients. To improve overall prognosis, it is important to select the most appropriate antibiotic for cystic fibrosis patients with early-stage S. aureus and implement it as early as possible2. Persistent colonization with these bacteria leads to progressive pulmonary damage and may help promote the growth of other organisms, such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Coculture and coinfection can also promote increased growth and virulence of antibiotic-resistant S. aureus3. After 48-72 hours, CHROMID® S. aureus Elite offers sensitivity and specificity superior to other methods4,5, offering confidence in this early test.
4. V.Tafani et al, ASM 2016 - Clinical evaluation of a new chromogenic medium for the isolation of staphylococcus aureus in various samples including cystic fibrosis patients
5. PREECE C., PERRY A., JONES A. L. and al. – Comparison of two chromogenic media for isolation of S. aureus from respiratory samples of patients with cystic Fibrosis – Journal of cystic Fibrosis - 2015 – Vol. 14, Suppl. 1, p. S73.
|CHROMID® S. aureus Elite agar (SAIDE)||Reference number||Technical specifications|
20 x 90 mm
CE marked products
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country