You are here
- CHROMID® Strepto B
CHROMID® Strepto B
Selective chromogenic medium for the screening of GBS
Help prevent Perinatal Group B Streptococcal disease through detection of all Group B Streptococci (S. agalactiae)
- Direct identification of all group B Streptococci (GBS) strains
- 18-24 hours incubation
- Excellent performance for the GBS prenatal screening in terms of nutrient capacity and sensitivity of detection.
Do you need more information?
Group B Streptococci (GBS), or S. agalactiae, is a Gram-positive bacterium that is commonly asymptomatic in adults. For newborns, however, it can lead to serious – even deadly – health issues including sepsis, pneumonia, and meningitis. It is therefore critical to identify the approximately 25% of pregnant women who carry GBS in the genital tract. Administering antibiotics during labor can drastically reduce potential transmission of the disease to the baby during childbirth. The 2020 CDC guidelines for GBS testing list CHROMID® Strepto B as a recommended commercially available chromogenic agar1.
Identification of all Group B Streptococci (GBS) is clear and easy with CHROMID® Strepto B thanks to three chromogenic substrates that distinguish pale pink to red GBS colonies which are round and pearly after 18-24 hours incubation. The coloration makes it easy to see the colonies, even if there are few on a plate or if there are mixed cultures.
- Excellent performance for the GBS prenatal screening in terms of nutrient capacity and sensitivity of detection
- Detection of GBS strains, including non ß-hemolytic strains
- Selective inhibition of most bacteria not belonging to the species S. agalactiae, as well as yeasts
A complete, validated solution for GBS screening
Along with CHROMID® Strepto B, bioMérieux offers a range of products that work together to ensure you can cover all your needs for GBS prenatal screening:
CHROMID® Strepto B
Selective chromogenic medium for the screening of group B Streptococci.
Selective medium for the screening and direct identification of group B Streptococci.
Granada® agar / Columbia CNA +5% sheep blood
Selective medium for the screening and direct identification of group B Streptococci. Selective isolation of fastidious bacteria. Detection of hemolysis
Todd Hewitt Broth + Antibiotics
Selective enrichment broth for GBS
To ensure CHROMID® Strepto B is compatible with another product, we offer the convenience of a validated Certificate of Compatibility that clearly shows its compatibility with complementary instruments and reagents.
- Compatibility is clear and easy to ensure
- Easily meet your accreditation requirements
- Reduce the number of validations you have to perform
- Certificates of Compatibility available in the Resource Center
1. American Society of Microbiology. Guidelines for the detection and identification of Group B Streptococcus july 29 - 2021. Replace the 2010 guidelines from CDC
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country