You are here
- Environmental Control Solutions: Surface monitoring
Surface Monitoring: Environmental Control Solutions
Solution for surface monitoring in healthcare facilities
Convenient solutions to limit cross-transmission of microbial organisms on surfaces.
- Fight antimicrobial resistance and HAI
- Get standardized testing with COUNT-TACT® product line
Do you need more information?
Surfaces are a major point of transmission for microorganisms, including those involved in healthcare associated infections (HAI). Some of these organisms are increasingly resistant to antimicrobials. That’s why your first line of defense is to prevent infection from spreading. This will improve patient care, save costs and ensure you are well positioned when it comes to compliance and accreditation. bioMérieux brings you the innovative COUNT-TACT® range of products to ensure you’ve got your surface control needs covered.
Be confident controlling surfaces with COUNT-TACT®
The COUNT-TACT® range has been designed to ensure you achieve regular, standardized surface sampling with ease. Build your own package or use all for a comprehensive solution.
- Standardize surface sampling (time and pressure point) compliant with ISO 18593
- Sample flat surfaces
- Standard COUNT-TACT® plates for unprotected areas (e.g. operating and emergency rooms)
- Triple wrapped ionized COUNT-TACT® plates for protected areas (isolator)
- Secure the transport & incubation of COUNT-TACT® plates
- Effective, even spreading across the entire surface
- Storage flexibility: storage temperature range of 2°C to 25°C
- For sample collection by contact, swabbing or immersion
In healthcare institutions, environmental monitoring and control includes more than surfaces: your air and water also need to be monitored to ensure a safer environment for patients, as well as to control costs and meet regulatory requirements with confidence. Be sure to learn about bioMérieux’s other Environmental Control Solutions dedicated to air and water monitoring.
- bioMérieux Environmental Control Solutions
- Solution for air monitoring
- Solution for water monitoring
- Aaron Fernstrom and Michael Goldblatt, “Aerobiology and Its Role in the Transmission of Infectious Diseases,”
Journal of Pathogens, vol. 2013, Article ID 493960, 13 pages, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/493960
- Ducel G, Fabry J, Nicolle L, eds.
Prevention of hospital-acquired infections: a practical guide.
Second edition (WHO document WHO/CDS/CSR/EPH/2002.1.2). Geneva, World Health
Organization, Department of Epidemic and Pandemic Response, 2002
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities
- European Commission, Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council
Action Plan against the rising threats from Antimicrobial Resistance. COM (2011) 748.
- ECDC/EMEA Joint Technical Report.
The bacterial challenge: time to react. 2009 EMEA/576176/2009.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country