Providing the best possible care for each individual patient is every healthcare provider’s aim. But challenges such as understaffing, overcrowding and lack of time often make this goal difficult to achieve. Rapid, non-invasive diagnostic tests can help you get closer to your goal to provide optimum care.
Providing the right care for the right patient
Making the right diagnosis means providing the right care for the right patient at the right time.
Rapid diagnostic tests can support clinical diagnosis or exclusion for optimized patient management.
For example: fast, effective ED triage panel
- For Emergency Department patients presenting with common symptoms (chest pain, dyspnea, fever, cough), a rapid diagnostic test panel providing results in <30 minutes contributes to effective triage and supports diagnostic decisions such as:
- early diagnosis of heart failure
- early diagnosis of myocardial infarction
- differentiation of bacterial from viral infection
- rapid exclusion of venous thromboembolism
Starting appropriate treatment earlier
Fast-tracking lab results to infectious disease physicians as soon as they become available is critical to get patients started on the right treatment as soon as possible.
Today’s arsenal of diagnostic tests gives faster results for more timely, accurate treatment and improved patient outcomes.
Faster reporting of susceptibility results
- Faster results lead to earlier adjustment of antibiotic therapy, improved patient outcomes, a significant reduction in the length of hospitalization and associated financial benefits.1
Antibiotic therapy guidance
- Get within-the-hour guidance on when to initiate and/or adjust antibiotic therapy, by measuring Procalcitonin (PCT) levels, which correlate with presence and severity of bacterial infection. PCT also provides guidance on when to continue/stop antibiotic treatment earlier.2
In just 5-10 minutes, Strep A or Influenza rapid tests can help confirm suspected bacterial infection and support relevant prescription of antibiotics.
bioMérieux – your partner in improving patient care
Patient care is at the heart of bioMérieux’s commitment to clinical diagnostics. All our efforts are directed to developing high-medical value tests and complete diagnostic solutions to support optimized patient management.
- Rapid Emergency Diagnostic Panel - Results in 20 minutes for NT-proBNP, Troponin I, PCT and D-dimer
- Faster reporting of AST results - Fully automated ID/AST system offering clinically relevant microbial identification and susceptibility testing results with reduced response times
Syndromic testing in about 1 hour for respiratory infections, sepsis, gastrointestinal infections and meningitis-encephalitis: with FILMARRAY®, syndromic near-patient testing is possible to help emergency physicians to better triage their patients and take timely relevant medical decisions
- Galar A, et al. Journal of Infection. 2012; 65, 302-309
- Schuetz P, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;55(5):651-62
* DVT/PE: deep vein thrombosis / pulmonary embolism
** VIDAS® B.R.A.H.M.S PCT™ supports the clinical management of sepsis, and procalcitonin cut-off thresholds are an aid to the clinical management of lower respiratory tract infections, but under no circumstances replace clinical judgment and thorough clinical assessment of patients.