You are here
- IT Solutions – MYLA®
MYLA - bioMérieux microbiology middleware
Connect to improve Patient care with MYLA® microbiology middleware - integrated microbiology for Blood culture, ID and AST, to transform data into insights
- Enhance instrument and LIS connectivity
- Optimize the management of microbiology workflow
- All the information you need at your fingertips
- Provide the right information to the right people at the right time
Do you need more information?
Your lab faces ever-increasing challenges in today’s competitive environment: higher workloads, stricter compliance measures, and the pressure to maintain quality and fast time to results while keeping costs down. It boils down to being expected to do more with less. Optimizing your IT integration is a critical need and bioMérieux is ready to help you do that with MYLA®, an innovative, integrated software solution designed especially for the microbiology lab.
How does MYLA® impact patient care? Take the example of hospital-acquired infections (HAI). HAI is a key pressure on health-care systems today, heavily impacting patient care and financial burden. In fact, a 2011 WHO report estimated HAI-associated costs at € 7 billion in Europe annually*. In the case of a potential outbreak, fast, informed decisions are critical. IT integration in the microbiology lab means technicians can deliver key information to clinicians faster. With complete and efficient information flow, hospitals and public health officials can initiate coordinated, effective responses that reduce patient morbidity and mortality and keep costs down. This is just one example among many.
*Report on the burden of endemic health care-associated infection worldwide. 2011. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2011/9789241501507_eng.pdf
Get enhanced connectivity: transform data into information
MYLA® offers a single software solution to manage multiple instruments and multiple LIS through a unified interface. The right information is easily accessible and flows quickly and securely to those who need it. You keep the lab running optimally and can deliver complete, reliable information to clinicians supporting patient-care decisions.
- Collect, consolidate & transmit results in real-time for faster time-to-result & rapid reporting
- Monitor network with real-time status alerts & alarms for all connected systems
- Improve data security
- Optimize instrument up-time
- Plug-and-play integration of the microbiology laboratory instruments and workflows (bioMérieux Blood Culture, ID and AST, manual methods and selected non-bioMérieux instruments) with a single LIS connection point
- Web-based technology offers easy interface & secure and multi-concurrent user access
Streamlined workflow: recapture time and better use resources
By centralizing administrative operations and streamlining information flow, MYLA® frees up time to allow microbiology lab personnel focus on activity that makes best use of their expertise. Test results that are critical to better patient care are accessed and transmitted to clinicians faster. MYLA®’s “control tower” dashboards help you gain a comprehensive view and better control of your microbiology testing process to help streamline workflow.
- Real-time overview of all connected instruments, anywhere, anytime
- User-focused active dashboards, provide real-time workload & “to-do” lists
- Simultaneous remote access to VITEK® 2 & VITEK MS for rapid reporting of ID and AST results
- Continuous remote notification of positive blood cultures & other critical events
- Notification of major workflow issues and delayed test processing steps
- Real-time visibility of process & quality indicators
- Guidance for test processing decisions
- A tool to implement AMS initiatives in the laboratory, e.g. Selective Reporting
Information management: take information availability to the next level
Recapture time spent on information reporting activities through automated, intelligent information consolidation and deliver an actionable, comprehensive picture to rapidly impact patient management.
- Information at your fingertips: anywhere, anytime
- Graphical representation of specimen workflow always visible
- Remote alerting of critical events and automated display of trending bacterial resistance
- Consolidated patient information always accessible to aid in better patient care decisions
- Monitor and track critical testing processes:
- Blood Culture contamination
- Multi-Drug Resistant Organism
- Statistics and trend reporting:
- Intuitive information selection
- Scheduled reports to PUSH the right information to right people at the right time
- MYLA® Lab Analytics: advanced data analysis in Lab data
- MYLA® Lab Analytics is an add-on data visualization module that provides advanced business intelligence to MYLA®. This module utilizes cutting edge technology to allow users to compare data, generate reports, and customize charts for tailored visualizations.
- Learn more about MYLA® Lab Analytics
Cybersecurity & data privacy
In a general context of data security and data privacy, bioMérieux is regularly consulted by its customers who want to be reassured or simply informed about the management of the data that are collected and processed through instruments and software but also regarding the security of their bioMerieux systems. The video features a cross interview with two experts: Patrick Lethenet, VP System Development Clinical Unit at bioMérieux and Christian Rivierre, VP systems & software engineering at Thales.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country