You are here
- Parechovirus R-GENE®
A real-time PCR kit for the accurate detection of Parechovirus RNA
- Ready-to-use kit including internal control, positive and negative controls
- CE-IVD on multiple extraction platforms and real-time PCR systems
Do you need more information
Parechovirus R-GENE® advantages
Parechoviruses may be responsible for severe diseases such as encephalitis and meningitis. Optimized detection of Parechovirus infection is therefore very important and Parechovirus R-GENE®, offering rapid and specific detection, is an ideal solution.
- Sensitive and reproducible
- Reliable detection of Parechovirus infection
- All controls included
- Harmonized test profiles for multiple assays in one run
- Prepare manually or use automated sample preparation such as EMAG® and NUCLISENS® easyMAG® and assay setup techniques such as ESTREAM® liquid handling platform
- Qualified with the major real-time PCR platform
Everything needed in one kit
The Parechovirus R-GENE® kit is a ready-to-use molecular detection kit. It enables the detection of Parechoviruses using real-time PCR after viral RNA extraction on CSF samples. It works by amplifying and simultaneously detecting a specific region of the Parechovirus genome using 5’ nuclease Taqman technology.
- An Internal Control (IC1) checks the extraction process, including the lysis, and the presence of amplification inhibitors in the sample
- Includes all necessary reagents optimized to detect Parechovirus for in vitro diagnostic use
Using the Parechovirus R-GENE® kit is easy. Just add the extracted RNA sample to your PCR master mix and start the reaction on the appropriate Real-Time PCR thermocycler, following optimized cycling program described in the “Instructions For Use”.
BIOMERIEUX, the blue logo, ARGENE®, R-GENE®, EMAG® and NUCLISENS® easyMAG® are used, pending and/or registered trademarks belonging to bioMérieux, or one of its subsidiaries, or one of its companies. Any other name or trademark is the property of its respective owner.
|Parechovirus R-GENE® (71-020)|
|Principle of the test||Genomic detection of Parechovirus|
|Ordering information||Reference 71-020: Parechovirus R-GENE®|
|Technology||Real-Time PCR / 5‘ nuclease Taqman technology|
|Gene target||5‘ UTR region|
|Controls included||Extraction + Inhibition control, Positive control, Negative control|
|Results within||90 minutes (extraction step not included)|
|Number of tests||60 tests|
|Validated Extraction platform* Automated||EMAG®
|Validated Amplification platform*||ABI7500 Fast, ABI 7500 Fast Dx
LightCycler 480 System II
|Status||For in vitro diagnostic use, CE marking in Europe|
* please enquire
Fast facts on Parechovirus
What is Parechovirus?
Members of the Picornaviridae family, Parechoviruses are single-strand RNA viruses, split into 2 species (Human parechovirus and Ljungan virus). Sixteen genotypes of Human Parechoviruses have been identified so far. Human parechoviruses are common pathogens as a seroprevalence of 95% has been reported. Human Parechoviruses are usually asymptomatic or cause mild respiratory or gastrointestinal manifestations. However, Human Parechoviruses have also been described to be associated with serious respiratory illnesses, encephalitis and aseptic meningitis. They are suspected to be the 2nd most frequent viral cause of sepsis-like and meningitis after Enteroviruses.
Who is most at risk?
Children less than 5 years old are the most at risk of becoming ill.
What are the benefits of Parechoviruses molecular testing?
Real-Time PCR-based assays enable rapid and sensitive detection of human Parechovirus (HPeV) to help improve patient management.
Parechovirus R-GENE®: PUBLICATIONS & POSTERS
- Evaluation of a parechovirus PCR on cerebrospinal fluid samples previously considered as PCR negative A. Velay et al. CHU Nancy, Laboratoire de virologie, Vandoeuvre les Nancy. ECV 2013
- Development of a new diagnostic tool for the detection of Human Parechovirus in RT PCR Jérôme Bes et al. bioMérieux. ECV 2013
- Human parechovirus infections, Lyon, France, 2008-10: Evidence for severe cases.
Schuffenecker I, Javouhey E, Gillet Y, Kugener B, Billaud G, Floret D, Lina B, Morfin F. J Clin Virol. 2012 May 17.
- Diagnosis of human parechovirus infections of the central nervous system with a commercial real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction kit and direct genotyping of cerebrospinal fluid specimens.
Mirand A, Archimbaud C, Chambon M, Regagnon C, Brebion A, Bailly JL, Peigue-Lafeuille H, Henquell C. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012 Jun 12.
- Detection and identification of human parechovirus from cerebrospinal fluid specimen
Mirand et al. CHU Clermont Ferrand, Laboratoire de Virologie, Clermont-Ferrand. ESCV 2011
- Human parechovirus infections, France, 2008-2010
Schuffenecker et al. Laboratoire de Virologie Est, Hôpital Femme-Mère-Enfant, Hospices civils de Lyon, France. ESCV 2011
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country