Protection of Personal Information
bioMérieux takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard the personal information of our employees, customers and partners against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Processing Personal Data Principles
bioMérieux is taking care to keep personal information :
- Collected only for explicit and legitimate purposes
- Processed legally and fairly
- Relevant and not excessive
- Accurate, complete and updated as necessary
- Stored no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they are obtained and processed
- Protected against destruction, loss, alteration and disclosure
Rights of Individuals
Everyone shall have the right under national law to:
- Access their own data from any controller who processes such data
- Have their data rectified or blocked, as appropriate, by the controller processing their data, if the data are inaccurate
- Have their data deleted or blocked, as appropriate, by the controller if the controller is processing their data illegally.
Additionally, data subjects shall have the right to object to controllers about:
- Automated decisions (made using personal data processed solely by automatic means)
- The processing of their data if it leads to disproportionate results
- The use of their data for direct marketing purposes.
Personal Health Data
- When it comes to healthcare, accuracy and attention to detail are not only important, they can mean the difference between life and death. Preventing misdiagnoses or mistreatment is taken very seriously.
- bioMérieux is committed to protecting the privacy of patients and the security of the health information our customers entrust to us.
- bioMérieux is also committed to comply with strong laws enforcing the rights to the privacy and security of patient’s health information.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy issues or data management, please contact us: PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com