You are here
- SPECIFIC REVEAL™
RAPID AST FOR BLOODSTREAM INFECTIONS
SPECIFIC REVEAL™ integrated within the bioMérieux Sepsis Solution enables same-day Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST) results to help you manage bloodstream infections:
- Direct from positive blood culture bottle
- Results & interpretation in an average of 5.5 hours1
- Wide antimicrobial coverage for Gram negative bacteria
Do you need more information?
SPECIFIC REVEAL™: THE NEW ADDITION TO THE BIOMÉRIEUX SEPSIS SOLUTION
Predicting antimicrobial resistance (AMR), can be more complex and time-intensive for patients with Gram negative infections.
Early diagnosis and appropriate treatment make a critical difference when it comes to improving sepsis patient outcomes. Indeed, chances of survival go down drastically the longer initiation of treatment is delayed. If a patient receives antimicrobial therapy within the first hour of diagnosis, chances of survival are close to 80%; this goes down by 7.6% for every hour after2. Yet, if a patient initially receives inappropriate antimicrobial treatment, they are five times less likely to survive3.
The bioMérieux comprehensive Sepsis Solution, with the addition SPECIFIC REVEAL™, helps to manage your patient therapy all along the pathway bringing you rapid and reliable results to support clinical decisions for better patient care.
Rapid & accurate results direct from blood culture
SPECIFIC REVEAL™ utilizes Small Molecule Sensors that detects the volatiles released by microorganisms as they grow to quantify antibiotic efficacy. Sensor color changes report growth monitored every 10 minutes, allowing the rapid phenotypic identification of growth or its absence and the associated Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) determination to be made.
- Real-time monitoring of MIC results
- Up to 23 antimicrobials in the European panel
- Actionable results with MIC and susceptibility category S, I, R
Easily integrated within your lab
Adding SPECIFIC REVEAL™ to your bioMérieux Sepsis Solution offers you the fastest route to fully actionable results and support therapy decisions for improved patient outcomes.
- Flexible solution with a modular design to fit any lab activity
- For a fully integrated sepsis solution from blood culture with BACT/ALERT® VIRTUO®, identification with BIOFIRE® Blood Culture Identification 2 panel & VITEK® MS PRIME, AST with VITEK® 2 and SPECIFIC REVEAL™ & data analysis with MYLA®
- bioMérieux is by your side from installation to integration to daily operations to help you get the most of your solution
“By combining the advanced technology of the REVEAL Rapid AST solution for bloodstream infections with our own solutions, we are increasing the ability of laboratories to deliver results in record time, especially in cases of very critical infections such as sepsis, which require urgent and appropriate treatment.”
- Mark Miller, Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, bioMérieux
Make an antimicrobial stewardship impact
bioMérieux has made the fight against antimicrobial resistance one of our core priorities throughout more than 55 years of commitment to serving global public health. Building on our leadership position in microbiology, we provide you with a complete microbiology solution designed to increase your workflow efficiency from sample preparation to result interpretation.
1Clinical evaluation of the SPECIFIC REVEAL™ with Gram-negative bacteremia samples in 6 hospitals in France and England - 2021
2Kumar, A, et. al. Duration of hypotension before initiation of effective antimicrobial therapy is the critical determinant of survival in human septic shock. Crit Care Med. 2006 Jun;34(6):1589-96.
3Kumar, A, et. al. Initiation of inappropriate antimicrobial therapy results in a fivefold reduction of survival in human septic shock. Chest. 2009 Nov;136(5):1237-48
SPECIFIC REVEAL™ instrument
|Width||16.7 in (42.4 cm)||NA|
|Height||7.9 in (20.1 cm)||NA|
|Depth||26.9 in (68.3 cm)||NA|
|Rear clearance||NA||5 in (12.7 cm)|
|Front clearance||NA||15 in (38.1 cm)|
|Side clearance||NA||2 in (5.1 cm)|
|Weight||65 lb (29.5 kg)||NA|
|Width||10 in (25.4 cm)||NA|
|Height||17.3 in (43.9 cm)||NA|
|Depth||21.5 in (54.6 cm)||NA|
|Rear clearance||NA||5 in (12.7 cm)|
|Front clearance||NA||6 in (15.2 cm)|
|Side clearance||NA||5 in (12.7 cm)|
|Weight||75 lb (34 kg)||NA|
|Item||Nominal||Lower Limit||Upper Limit|
|Number of processor modules connected||3||1||6|
|Graphical User Interface||1 display||NA||NA|
|User input modes||Keyboard, touch Screen, Mouse, & Barcode Reader||NA||NA|
- In the fight against Antimicrobial Resistance, bioMérieux and Specific Diagnostics announce a co-exclusive distribution agreement for the SPECIFIC REVEAL® Rapid AST system in Europe - June 29th 2021
- bioMérieux strengthens its commitment to fight antimicrobial resistance with the acquisition of Specific Diagnostics, an innovative company focusing on fast AST solution - April 12th 2022
Sepsis: where every second counts »
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country