You are here
- VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total
VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total
Investigation of bone disease
VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total is an automated test for accurate determination of a patient’s vitamin D status.
- Used as an aid in the assessment of Vitamin D sufficiency and supplementation follow-up
- Detection of both vitamin D2 and D3 for reliable results
- Cost-effective solution
- Easy to perform in your own lab
Do you need more information?
VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total is an automated quantitative test for the determination of 25-hydroxyvitamin D Total in human serum or plasma using the ELFA (Enzyme Linked Fluorescent Assay) technique. It reflects vitamin D produced cutaneously and that obtained from food and supplements for a reliable indication of vitamin D status.
An assay of general health status
Vitamin D helps the body absorb and use calcium and phosphorus. As a result, vitamin D deficiency causes bone-weakening diseases such as rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Recent studies have also established a link between low circulating vitamin D levels and an increased risk of cancer, diabetes and several cardiovascular or autoimmune diseases.(1)
Beyond bone health, sufficient exposure to vitamin D - through sun exposure, food and dietary supplements - is essential to strengthen the immune system and maintain general health for optimum wellness(2).
The VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total reference range is compliant with international clinical recommendations(3). It enables clinicians to confidently establish a patient’s vitamin D status and determine the appropriate supplementation when needed. Following the patient’s status will allow to check the dosage and adjust it.
VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total is very well correlated to the Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry/Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) reference method.*
It offers the same high degree of precision and is easy to perform in any lab for rapid results.
For the clinical study 343 samples were tested and the correlation between VIDAS 25 OH Vitamin D Total and LC-MS/MS is Y=1.00x+ 041;R=0.86.
* See package insert for performance details.
- Single-test format
- Calibration and control only once a month
- Kit size adapted to your needs
- Everything needed to perform the test provided in the kit
Easy to use
- Automated assay
- Performed on the instruments of the VIDAS family, well known for their proven reliability
- Ready-to-use calibrators and controls
1. HOLICK, M.F. (2007). Vitamin D deficiency. N Engl J Med,357:266-281.
2. GRANT WB, HOLICK MF. Benefits and requirements of vitamin D for optimal health: a review. Altern Med Rev. 2005 Jun;10(2):94-111.
3. INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington, D.C.:
National Academies Press, 2010.
|Technical specifications for VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total|
|Tests / kit||60|
|Time to result||40 minutes|
|Sample type||Plasma or serum|
|Sample volume||100 µL|
|Calibration frequency||28 days|
|Cross reaction||25 OH Vitamin D3 100%
25 OH Vitamin D2 91%
- Moreau E, Dupret-Carruel J, Hausmann M. Measurement of Total 25(OH) Vitamin D using bioMérieux VIDAS®: development of a new assay. Poster presented at AACC Houston, July 2013.
- Moreau E, Durand C, Villard C, et al. Development of the VIDAS® 25 OH Vitamin D Total assay. Poster presented at Euromedlab Milano, May 2013.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country