You are here
- VIDAS® Hepatitis panel
VIDAS® Hepatitis panel
Routine and confirmation testing of Hepatitis A, B, C and E
The VIDAS® Hepatitis panel includes 11 markers for the diagnosis of recent infection, monitoring of chronic hepatitis, pre- or post-vaccination immunity controls and screening during pregnancy.
- Comprehensive panel for the differential diagnosis of hepatitis
- Rapid, simple and reliable testing in less than 2 hours
- Flexible and cost-effective solution
- Includes hepatitis E testing in only 40 minutes
Viral hepatitis affects over 500 million people worldwide. With prevalence higher than that of HIV or cancer, it represents one of the major global health problems. The role of diagnostics is key as hepatitis infections are “silent” and the majority of those infected are unaware.
The VIDAS® Hepatitis panel includes 11 automated assays offering a complete solution for the diagnosis and monitoring of Hepatitis A, B, C and E. Used together, they enable clinicians to provide a differential diagnosis for patients presenting with symptoms suggestive of hepatitis.
A complete panel to address a complex clinical picture
Hepatitis, especially hepatitis B, presents a complex clinical picture. Various markers are necessary for accurate diagnosis and efficient monitoring:
Hepatitis B - Standard Profile
Hepatitis C - Standard Profile
Hepatitis A - Standard Profile
Hepatitis E infection kinetics
The VIDAS® Hepatitis assays provide answers to different clinical situations:
- Screening and aid to diagnosis of recent infection: HAV IgM, HBs Ag Ultra, HBc IgM II, Anti-HCV, Anti-HEV IgM
- Monitoring of chronic hepatitis: HBs Ag Ultra, HBe/Anti-HBe, Anti-HBs Total II
- Determination of hepatitis immune status (pre-post vaccination): Anti-HAV Total, Anti-HBs Total II, Anti-HBc Total II, Anti-HEV IgG
- Screening during pregnancy: HBs Ag Ultra, Anti-HCV
Easy to perform:
- Automated assays
- Load and Go
- Single-dose tests: 1 patient = 1 test = 1 result
- Convenient kit size: 30 or 60 tests
- All-inclusive kits
- The performance of each marker has been verified by reference laboratories
- No cross-contamination
- Robust system: MTBF>700 days
Expertise in Infectious Diseases
The history of bioMérieux is directly linked to the fight against infectious diseases, which has been our priority for over 50 years. Our research teams constantly focus on pushing back the frontiers of disease detection by dedicating the majority of their activities to the prevention and diagnosis of infection risk.
bioMérieux provides tests for the early detection of numerous diseases, including HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, tuberculosis, respiratory infections, CNS infections, sepsis, C. Difficile…
Hepatitis E Virus (HEV) is the most common cause of acute viral hepatitis worldwide1, with 20 million infections and 3.3 million acute cases every year2. Hepatitis E is a food- and water-borne infection. The risk is higher in developing countries with unsafe water and poor sanitation, but you can catch it anywhere. In Europe, the number of reported cases has increased 10-fold over the last decade3.
In its fulminant form, Hepatitis E can be fatal in pregnant women, infants or patients with pre-existing liver disease. It is therefore important to think E for all patients with clinical signs and symptoms of Hepatitis. Our new VIDAS® Anti-HEV IgM and Anti-HEV IgG assays allow you to perform in-house testing for better patient management.
1 virus, 2 epidemiological patterns
Hepatitis E infection is found worldwide, but epidemiological characteristics vary according to the genotype present in a particular area:
Geographical distribution and characteristics of HEV genotypes
Easy in-house testing
Perform Hepatitis E testing in your own lab because it makes sense on your VIDAS® system:
- Rapid and actionable results:
- Automated tests
- On-demand testing adapted to small volumes
- Result in only 40 minutes
- Cost-efficient solution: 1 patient = 1 test
Improve your efficiency and offer your clinicians same-day complete hepatitis diagnosis (A, B, C, E).
- Evaluation by a National Reference Center for Hepatitis E
- Clear results for the diagnosis of acute Hepatitis E:
VIDAS® Anti-HEV IgM
VIDAS® Anti-HEV IgG
* Immunocompetent population
See package insert
- “Excellent clinical performance, similar to the commercially available assays, in European and non-European populations”4
1. N. Kamar, et al., Hepatitis E, Lancet 379 (9835) (2012) 2477–2488.
2. WHO, Hepatitis E Factsheet, July 2017.
3. ECDC Surveillance report: Hepatitis in the EU/EEA, 2005-2015.
4. Abravanel F, et al. Poster presented at ESCV 2017.
Time to result (minutes)
|VIDAS® HAV IgM||30307||30||Serum, plasma (EDTA, Hep.)||100 µL||60||14 days|
|VIDAS® Anti-HAV Total||30312||30||Serum, plasma (Hep., EDTA, Cit.)||150 µL||90||14 days|
|VIDAS® HBs Ag Ultra||30315||60||Serum, plasma (Hep.)||150 µL||60(HBS)
|VIDAS® HBs Ag Ultra Confirmation||30317||30||14 days|
|VIDAS® Anti-HBs Total II||30318||60||Serum, plasma (Hep., EDTA, Cit.)||200 µL||60||28 days|
|VIDAS® Anti-HBc Total II||30314||60||Serum, plasma (Hep., EDTA, Cit.)||150 µL||90||14 days|
|VIDAS® HBc IgM II||30439||30||Serum, plasma (Hep., EDTA, Cit.)||100 µL||55||14 days|
|VIDAS® HBe/Anti-HBe||30305||30||Serum, plasma (Hep., EDTA, Cit.)||150 µL||90||14 days|
|VIDAS® Anti-HCV||30308||60||Serum, plasma (Hep.)||100 µL||40||28 days|
|VIDAS® Anti-HEV IgM||418115||30||Serum, plasma||100 µL||40||28 days|
|VIDAS® Anti-HEV IgG||418116||30||Serum, plasma||100 µL||40||28 days|
Related Publications & Posters
- Abravanel F, et al, Performance evaluation of new automated immunoassay tests, VIDAS® Anti-HEV IgM and IgG assays, in European and non-European populations, ESCV 2017
Salvetti S, Lavinia F, Montenora I, Performance del kit per la determinazione di anticorpi anti-HCV sul sistema automatizzato VIDAS, Associazione Microbiologi Clinici Italiani (AMCLI) 2013, November 12-15, Rimini, Italy
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country