You are here
- VIDAS® HIV panel
VIDAS® HIV panel
Advanced 4th generation assays for earlier diagnosis
The VIDAS® HIV panel provides a combination of advanced 4th generation assays for improved detection of acute HIV during the critical “window period”.
- Combined detection of anti-HIV-1 (groups M and O) and anti-HIV-2 total immunoglobulins + HIV-1 p24 antigen
- True dual information: differentiation of Ag and Ab signals
- Highest p24 Ag sensitivity currently available
- Easy-to-use solution
Do you need more information?
Many of the 35.3 million people infected with HIV worldwide are unaware of their condition, as symptoms may be absent or non-specific. In addition, there is a mean period of 3 weeks between contamination and the appearance of the first anti-HIV serum antibodies1. Early detection of seroconversions is thus one of the main HIV diagnostic challenges.
The VIDAS® automated HIV infection screening tests allow simultaneous detection of p24 antigen and anti-HIV antibodies enabling the time lapse between contamination and diagnosis of the infection to be decreased. Identifying more primary infections can make a key difference in reducing transmission. Providing appropriate therapy as fast as possible is also essential to improve patient outcome.
A unique assay concept
The VIDAS® HIV panel:
- Best analytical sensitivity compared to other commonly-used assays2,3
- Lowest limit of detection of HIV infection2,3
- Highest p24 Ag sensitivity currently available (Lower Limit of Detection against the WHO standard):
- VIDAS® HIV Duo Ultra: 0.66 IU/mL3
- VIDAS® HIV Duo Quick: 0.43 IU/mL3
- VIDAS® HIV P24:0.73 - 1.15 IU/mL3
Ease of use and flexibility for your lab
- Easy-to-use solution
- One patient, one strip
- Renowned VIDAS® robustness and reliability
- Kleinman S., et al. Transfusion Medicine Reviews. July 1997. Vol. 11, N° 3 p. 155-172.
- Ly TD, et al. 2007 Jul; 143(1):86-94. Epub 2007 Mar 28.
- Miedouge M, et al. J Clin Virol. 2011 Jan;50(1):57-60. doi: 10.1016/j.jcv.2010.09.003.
|VIDAS® P24 II|
|Tests / kit||60||60||30|
|Sample type||Serum or plasma on lithium heparinate or EDTA|
|Sample volume||200 µL|
|Calibration & control stability||14 days|
|Results||Separated results for
Ag and Ab
|Sensitivity in Ag||11.5 pg/ml HIV Ag||16.5 pg/ml HIV Ag||11.25 pg/ml HIV Ag|
|VIDAS® HIV P24 II Confirmation|
|Tests / kit||60 tests|
- Ly TD, Ebel A, Faucher V, Fihman V, Laperche S. Could the new HIV combined p24 antigen and antibody assays replace p24 antigen specific assays? J Virol Methods. 2007 Jul;143(1):86-94. Epub 2007 Mar 28.
- Miedouge M, Grèze M, Bailly A, Izopet J. Analytical sensitivity of four HIV combined antigen/antibody assays using the p24 WHO standard. J Clin Virol. 2011 Jan;50(1):57-60. doi: 10.1016/j.jcv.2010.09.003.
- World Health Organization
- Guidance on provider-initiated HIV testing and counselling in health facilities
- Delivering HIV test results and messages for re-testing and counselling in adults
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country