You are here
- VIKIA® HIV 1/2
VIKIA® HIV 1/2
Rapid and simple HIV screening
VIKIA® HIV1/2 is a highly sensitive rapid test for the detection of HIV infection.
- WHO prequalified
- Detection of serum antibodies to HIV-1 and HIV-2
- Clear results within 30 minutes
- User-friendly device
Do you need more information
VIKIA® HIV 1/2 is a CE-marked 3rd generation rapid test based on the immunochromatography technique for the detection of antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in human serum, plasma or whole blood.
High sensitivity and specificity
|Plasma or Serum||99.71%||99,59%|
See package insert for performance details.
User-friendly test device
- Usable anywhere: no water or electricity needed
- Stable between 4 and 30°C for easy storage
- Sealed single-test pouch including test device, pipette and buffer dropper for whole blood samples
- Results within 30 minutes
- Internal control included in each test
- Easy test interpretation
Reliable product supply
- Extensive distribution network, with subsidiaries and distributors in over 150 countries
- Manufacturing site specifically dedicated to rapid tests for greater flexibility
The VIKIA® HIV 1/2 rapid test is prequalified by the World Health Organization (WHO).
|Technical specifications for VIKIA® HIV 1/2|
|Tests / kit||
Each kit contains:
|Time to result||30 minutes|
|Sample type||Whole blood (venous or finger prick), serum, plasma|
|Sample volume||75 µl|
|Storage temperature||+4°C to +30°C (i.e. refrigerator or room temperature)|
Consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country.
- C. Gomes, J.M.Azevedo-Pereira. The performance of the VIKIA® HIV1/2 rapid test - Evaluation of the reliability and sensitivity. J Virol Methods. 2011 May;173(2):353-6.
- Pavie J, Rachline A, Loze B, Niedbalski L, Delaugerre C, et al. Sensitivity of Five Rapid HIV Tests on Oral Fluid or Finger-Stick Whole Blood: A Real-Time Comparison in a Healthcare Setting. PLoS One. 2010 Jul 19;5(7):e11581
- J C. Plantier, M. Maniez, F. Barin, et al. Evaluation Of A New Rapid Test: VIKIA® HIV ½. Poster presented at AIDS 2008.
- Piche J., Morgand J. , Revol F, et al. Development of a new HIV Immunochromatographic assay for the rapid detection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus antibodies. Poster presented at AIDS 2006.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country