You are here
- VITEK® 2
Automated instrument for ID/AST testing
Gain the expert confidence of rapid, accurate ID/AST testing through full automation
- Automated, efficient, innovative
- User-friendly, LIS-compatible VITEK® 2 PC software
- Enhances workflow, reduces hands-on time & enables rapid reporting
With the rise of pressing healthcare challenges like Multi-Drug Resistant Organisms (MDRO), microbiology labs play an ever-more critical role. When it comes to fighting infectious organisms, microbial identification (ID) and antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST) are key to providing the right information for targeted clinical responses and better patient-care outcomes1. Combining an innovative, automated platform with an expansive database, the VITEK® 2 microbial ID/AST testing system offers the confidence of fast, accurate results. Its smart design helps ensure better overall laboratory workflow with fewer repetitive tasks, higher safety, improved standardization, and rapid time-to-results and reporting.
1) Barenfanger et al, JCM, May 1999, Vol 37, No 5
Show in media library:
“High throughput, low hands-on time and rapid results”
- Sanders et al, JCM, July 2001, Vol 39 , No 7
VITEK® 2 uses unique ID and AST cards the size and shape of a playing card. Ready-to-use and low-cost, VITEK® 2 ID cards offer a comprehensive menu of available tests. Based on this breakthrough innovation, VITEK® 2 can provide identification and susceptibility results in as little as 5 hours2.
- Simple test setup
- Same day results
- Minimal reagent preparation required
- Optimized safety with closed disposable & reduced handling
- Traceability with pre-applied barcodes
- Results at a glance:
- Intuitive interface
- Easy-to-access results with multiple filters
- Bidirectional connection with your LIS
- Automatic validation & transfer of preliminary results
How it works
After primary organism isolation, handling is minimized in a simple standardized inoculum. You place the inoculum into the VITEK®2 Cassette at the SMART CARRIER STATION™, where the VITEK® 2 Card and sample are linked virtually. Once the Cassette is loaded, the incubation and reading of each card is managed by the system without your intervention.
2) Rommler et al, Poster C-123, ASM Orlando, May 2006
Facing a Changing World
Designed to fit the needs of any clinical laboratory, the VITEK® 2 System helps your laboratory deliver – with confidence – the right analysis for timely, relevant treatment options.
To help you help clinicians select the most appropriate antibiotic treatment, the ADVANCED EXPERT SYSTEM™ , automatically provides validation of every susceptibility test result. It signals when your results are ready, saving time and giving you an accurate phenotype profile of bacterial resistance menchanism(s) for each isolate tested, with easy-to-read color-coded indicators.
“For all laboratories, regardless of size and type of staffing, the availability of VITEK® 2 system and ADVANCED EXPERT SYSTEM™ could have a very positive impact on both the workflow and the quality of information leaving the laboratory”
- Blecker-Shelly et al, Continuing Education Topics & Issues, Aug 2008
Facilitating a faster response to the ever-changing needs of bacteriology worldwide, VITEK® 2 PC deploys software updates automatically via VILINK™ containing:
- Antibiotic breakpoint updates
- Organism phenotype additions
- Better resistance detection
Standardizing Rapid Reporting
bioMérieux’s Advanced Reporting Tool (BIOART™), provides laboratories the power of customization in reporting to maximize efficiency and standardization:
- Automatically transfer consistent results to the Laboratory Information System (LIS) or MYLA®
- Expedite critical results reporting via customized Alerts
- Improve standardization by implementing your laboratory’s testing procedures with BIOART™ comments
Solutions for any Laboratory
VITEK®2 is endlessly flexible to fit various sizes and types of laboratories – and it even grows with you as your needs change.
- For a completely integrated ID/AST system with Mass Spectrometry technology, the VITEK® MS complements the VITEK® 2 system and pairs seamlessly via MYLA®
- Increase testing capacity with the VITEK® 2 XL (120 cards) versus VITEK® 2 (60 cards)
- Consolidate space and results, connect up to four instruments to one VITEK 2® PC
- Save time and steps by reporting isolates virtually with VITEK® 2 PC Remote Access
Electrical Power Requirements:
Show in media library:
Click to enlarge »
Please contact your local bioMérieux representative for product availability.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country