You are here
- VITEK® SOLUTIONS
Complete automated ID/AST platform
The only completely integrated platform for identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing, designed to move microbiology forward.
- Provide accurate ID/AST results faster
- Simplify workflow & improve operational efficiency
- Provide clinicians with results in minimal time for quicker therapeutic decisions
Do you need more information?
VITEK® SOLUTIONS: The truly complete ID/AST solution
Early and appropriate antibiotic therapy is essential to improve overall patient care and reduce healthcare costs in the context of constantly evolving bacterial resistance. VITEK® SOLUTIONS offer the truly complete automated platform for identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing (ID/AST). Designed by microbiologists for microbiologists, VITEK® MS and VITEK® 2 provide the flexibility you need to optimize laboratory workflow. Plus, MYLA® software allows you to oversee the entire process in real-time from any device.
VITEK® SOLUTIONS enable you to confidently deliver results with excellent speed and accuracy – whether you are faced with routine diagnoses, unusual or resistant organisms, or critical clinical situations. The combined SOLUTIONS have been shown to get results to clinicians 14 to 20 hours earlier1,2,3, facilitating clinical decision-making for optimal treatment. This also saves healthcare costs: VITEK® MS ID saves labs about 50% compared to traditional ID methods, and same-day AST reporting with VITEK® 2 can reduce hospital costs as much as 40%3,5. VITEK® SOLUTIONS are moving microbiology forward.
VITEK® MS: ID in minutes
- bioMérieux’s unique proprietary algorithm, the Advanced Spectra Classifier, provides better discrimination, even for closely-related species
- Robust results with a population-built IVD-CE marked and US-FDA cleared bacterial & yeast database that accounts for diversity within the same species
- IVD CE marked database is the world’s first to include mycobacteria, Nocardia and moulds
- Boost productivity, safety and performance with reagents and accessories designed specifically for microbial identification
- ID results are automatically pushed to VITEK® 2 through MYLA® software, which also allows accessibility from most devices
VITEK® 2: Because time matters in AST
VITEK® 2 microbial ID/AST testing system combines an innovative, automated platform with an expansive database of clinically significant organisms. ID results arrive automatically from VITEK® MS through MYLA® software, so AST can be promptly linked to the ID. The system uses ready-to-use AST cards that make test setup simple and can offer results in as little as 5 hours8. It also helps improve overall laboratory workflow: fewer repetitive tasks, enhanced safety, improved standardization, and rapid time-to-results and reporting.
The VITEK® 2 Advanced Expert System™ automatically reviews every result and flags those that require a microbiologist’s expertise. The others – the majority of results - can be quickly and automatically reported to the clinician freeing up microbiologists’ time and giving clinicians critical information for appropriate antibiotic therapy sooner3,6.
Extended flexibility, optimized workflow
VITEK® MS and VITEK® 2 together provide the solution for complete and seamless integration for same-day ID/AST results. But the flexibility doesn’t end there. MYLA® connectivity lets you follow sample processing, obtain data in real-time, monitor your lab from a single dashboard and report results rapidly. VITEK® SOLUTIONS can adapt to any size or type of lab, thanks to different size options (120-card or 60-card versions of VITEK® 2) and the ability to connect multiple VITEK® MS and VITEK® 2 instruments to operate from a single PC. Whatever setup you choose, you gain the benefits of optimized workflow and operational efficiency:
- High throughput
- Reduced hands-on time – up to 50% fewer steps7,8
- Less reagent handling
- Barcodes on reagents and disposables automatically link ID with AST results of each isolate
- Less manual data entry with automated transfer of ID results for AST result interpretation
- Quick and easy reviewing and reporting – results available anywhere, anytime through MYLA® software, with numerous customizable data management functions including real-time connectivity with your existing LIS
- Create and follow epidemiology results with a customizable and flexible solution anywhere, anytime through MYLA® software
Confidence with complete traceability
VITEK® SOLUTIONS ensure complete traceability to contribute to overall lab efficiency and confidence.
- Pre-applied barcodes on reagents and disposables automatically link ID with AST results of each isolate
- Patient and sample information are linked from sample setup through final reporting
- Results and system information easily accessed remotely
- Parallel sample preparation by multiple microbiologists at different locations or benches
1) Kaleta and Wolk, Clin Lab News ; May 2012
2) Barenfanger et al. JCM 1999 37 (5) 1415
3) Galar et al. EJMID 2012 31 (9) 2445
4) Eigner et al. JCM August 2005 43 (8) 3829
5) Mitchel et al. JCM 2015 53 (8) 2473
6) Ayats J., et. al. ASM 2007
7) Heller-Ono A. bioMerieux® White Paper, 2008
8) Römmler W., et al. ASM 2006; Poster C-123.
VITEK® MS Technical Data
- 337 nm nitrogen laser, fixed focus
- Maximum pulse rate - 50 Hz (50 laser shots per second)
- Near normal (on-axis) incidence of the laser beam to the sample
- Laser power and laser aim under software control
- Linear flight tube of 1.2 m drift length
- Vacuum maintained by two turbomolecular pumps (nominal 250 l/s) with rotary backing
- Beam blanking to deflect unwanted high intensity signals e.g. matrix ions
- Size (w h d) - 0.7 m x 1.92 m x 0.85 m, minimum distance to wall at back is 100 mm
- Weight - 330 kg excluding data system
- 200 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA single phase OR
- 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA single phase
- A ‘clean’, stable and continuous main supply is required for reliable operation
- Temperature - ambient 18° to 26° C
- Relative humidity - less than 70% non condensing
- Vibration free, firm, level floor, at least 330 kg supported at four points
1 to 500 kDa
Also available: VITEK® MS Plus for complete coverage providing access to IVD and RUO databases
VITEK® 2 Technical Data
- VITEK® 2 (60 card capacity): 110 kg/240 lbs
- VITEK® 2 XL (120 card capacity): 145 kg/320 lbs
Electrical Power Requirements:
- 110/120 VAC (50-60 Hz)
- 220/240 VAC (50-60 Hz)
- VITEK® 2: 512 BTU/Hr. (nominal)
- VITEK® 2 XL: 632 BTU/Hr/ (nominal)
- Operating Ambient Temperature Range: 20°C to 30°C (68°F-86°F)
- Operating Humidity Range: 20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Up to 2000 meters
Please contact your local bioMérieux representative for product availability.
Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country